• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts wont sync to Google Apps

kaja69

Lurker
Jul 14, 2009
Hi,

In our company we are using Google Apps and I have a none branded Magic (delivered by 3 in Denmark) with Android 1.5 and a ROM with build number 2.16.401.5.

In the phone's Calendar app I can create entries that will sync perfectly with any of my online Google Calendars but I can't create a new contact that will sync to my Gmail Contacts. On the phone there is only one Contact source (Phone) availeble.

Does anyone know if there is a fix to this major issue?

Download the app "ContactSync" from the marketplace. This app will change all your contact entries from "phone" to "google". It will also give you the option to choose between "google" and "phone" each time you create a new contact.

Of course this means that all your contacts will sync with your google account when you sync it, so for people who don't want their contacts on google, don't do it. Of course those people shouldn't have a problem with disappearing contacts.

This link goes to a review of ContactSync, and if you are using the barcode scanner, there is a QR code you can scan to go right to the app in the marketplace.

ContactSync v1.0.2 Application for Android | Tools

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones