• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts

ejput

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
I have the new Droid 2 and I have an issue with the storing of contacts. When I get an email in my gmail account, the phone will automatically save the contact, so, when I go to text someone, if the name of the person that emailed me has a name close to the person I'm texting, their info will pop up even thought I don't have any phone contact info for them, nor do I want it. I don't want any email conact info automatically saved. How can I delete this person that emailed me on gmail from coming up when I use the text feature. This person is not listed in the phone contact section. Hopefully this makes sense.
Thanks in advance.
Eric

You will need to delete the sender from your contact list in your actual Gmail account. There's a chance you will need to block the sender since their address may keep showing back up in your contact list if you receive more emails. Best bet, if you don't want them on your phone - you will need to keep them out of your email.

Gmail's blog announces the new feature, explaining that all of the addresses show up in auto-complete. The contacts are now separated in two sections: My Contacts (the addresses explicitly added to Gmail) and Suggested Contacts (addresses automatically added by Gmail). "By default, Suggested Contacts you email frequently are automatically added to My Contacts, but for those of you who prefer tighter control of your address books, you can choose to disable usage-based addition of contacts to My Contacts."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones