ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jpp

jpp Member

Hello,

Just got my Motorola Defy today and it is my first droid phone.

I'm having a problem accessing my contacts from the blue "contact button" (touch sensitive button) located at the bottom right of the screen. In order for me to access all my contacts I have to press the green dial button (at the bottom left corner of the screen), go two tabs over to the right into "Contacts Tab".

Why aren't all my contacts in the Contact button (blue button at bottom right of screen)??

Thanks in advance,
    JP

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

The contacts "panel" has (2) additional panels, which are accessible by dragging the screen to the left or right. Are your contacts in either one of those?

If not, one in the main contacts panel, press the hard Settings button (4 squares next to Home key) and then change your "Display Group".
  3. wah007

wah007 Active Member

Maybe your contacts are saved onto your sim card? You need to go onto contacts again and go on the sim settings and then import contacts from sim card.

That is what I did on my defy but I got my defy replaced again for a new one and the contacts were there the second time which is weird as I didnt need to import them the second time.
  4. colnago

They were most likely synched with gmail, or logo blur, copied to the net, and copied back to the replacement Defy.
    wah007 likes this.
  5. jpp

jpp Member

Yes, I was referring to the "main" or center panel (contacts A-Z). There is only my contact info displayed. I did what you suggested and still nothing.

Yes, y contacts are saved to my sim card. I did import from sim but they're still not showing in the "contacts".

What gives?
  6. colnago

After you select > Settings > Display Group , what are you selecting?
  7. wah007

wah007 Active Member

Ah right no wonder. Thanks for that pal.

Lets see if we can figure out how to fix the problem for jpp now hmmm
  8. colnago

Yeah, I don't know. I had all my contacts in "vcard" format, so I'm not too sure about the SIM card import process.
  9. jpp

jpp Member

Fixed. Thanks guys!
  10. gregtops

gregtops New Member

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DESTROY THE DEFY. They are a real joke. We got 6 for corporate users and they have been a nightmare. NEVER AGAIN MOTOROLA
  11. !on

!on Well-Known Member

Maybe you wanted Blackberry. Care to elaborate on the "nightmare"? Mine seems fine. Put contacts in google. Sync phone. Done.