• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts

jdlr815

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
HELP! I am so frustrated with the way my contacts are stored and displayed in my Charge. If I tap on the "Contacts" button on the bottom menu, I find one list of contacts. If I try to dial by name using the telephone keypad, I get some of the same contacts, but I cannot necessarily see all of the phone numbers that I do when I go in through the "Contacts" button. Other times, if I try to dial by name, I find a contact who is nowhere else to be found.

I know that there is a setting that allows me to show which contacts are displayed, but this does not resolve my dial-by-name issue. I have associated my phone with my Gmail account, but I cannot find the contacts when I log into my Google account.

Ultimately, I would like all of my contacts formatted the same way so that they are backed up to Google, and that I can dial by name in the phone. Is there any hope? Thank you in advance for your help.

In a nutshell, to do what you want:

1. Export all your contacts as a .vcf file.
2. Import that into your Google account.
3. Sync your contacts to the phone.
4. Set your contacts app to display only Google contacts.
5. Always save contacts as Google contacts in the future.

For more details check your phone's manual or search the forum or with Google. This question has been answered many times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones