Contant Charging & LED Notifications

Last Updated:

1. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest This Topic's Starter

I have a couple of questions which I can't seem to find an answer for on here, so if I've missed a thread somewhere I apologise.

Firstly, is it ok to have my phone on charge at my desk all day? I'm not sure about different types of battery, but I remember being told in the A*pl* Store that the battery on my iPod shouldn't ever run down to zero, and should really be charged daily. Does the same apply to my Desire? Am I damaging the battery by having power going into it for about 18 hours/day?

And secondly, is there any way that I can have the phone on a cradle on my desk, and for the notification LEDs to still work? The light goes from orange when charging, to green once charged, but doesn't react to messages etc.

brownie points to anyone who can answer!

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It's best not to let it run to zero, see the sticky here about batterys it explains a lot. I'm not sure keeping it on charge does any damage as it stops applying charge when it gets to 100%. Why don't you just take it off charge anyway?

3. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

I have yet to see any other LED than the Red / Orange and Green. Also I don't believe that these work when the phone is charging which is a real pita.

4. kerrizzle200

kerrizzle200 New Member

i have recently got a desire and was told specifically in store NOT to charge it for more than 2 to 3 hours at a time as it exhausts the battery at a quicker rate. i was told that phones (depending on usage of course) should only need 2-3 hrs to recharge to full power and that by putting it on for more than that it will not retain it's charge. not sure how this works but just thought i'd pass it on :)