• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contents of evo box!!

KiLo11

May 14, 2010
this was posted over at androidcentral

evo-4g-in-box.jpg

Wow the "suprises" closer to launch day are getting more and more negative. The things they're NOT doing are taking away some of the excitement I had for the phone. Then again so are the things they ARE doing ($10 evo charge). I still have my preorder in place but it's not gonna take much more for me to be back on the fence with another carrier. I was gonna leave ATT where I have a 25% discount and go to sprint with no discount, due to this phone. Now aside from a big screen and the remote possibillity of 4G in my area within the next decade it's got nothing really going for it for me.

Michael

Reactions: KoukiFC3S
Upvote 0
Wow the "suprises" closer to launch day are getting more and more negative. The things they're NOT doing are taking away some of the excitement I had for the phone. Then again so are the things they ARE doing ($10 evo charge). I still have my preorder in place but it's not gonna take much more for me to be back on the fence with another carrier. I was gonna leave ATT where I have a 25% discount and go to sprint with no discount, due to this phone. Now aside from a big screen and the remote possibillity of 4G in my area within the next decade it's got nothing really going for it for me.

Michael

Sign up for alliant credit union in chicago for a 25% discount. Just open a free savings account and get the discount on your sprint bill

Reactions: jmorse
Upvote 0
darn not even a nice screen wipe or pouch, whats up with that?!?

Really. I liked the microfiber pouch that Palm included w/ the Pre.

not even headphones

This is odd especially since the FM tuner requires headphones. Heh...oh well, stalk cellphone headphones never fit my ears. I'll just use the headphones that came w/ my Zune. Those work pretty good. :)

Upvote 0
I like the fact that phone is $449 and not loaded with a bunch of stuff I don't want or need (even if another might want a sleeping bag for her EVO) for an extra $100.

Do you really want to stay on another network where you pay more monthly fees just because the EVO didn't have headphones many will never use (I've never had a headphone that were included in a phone starter kit that plays music up to my standards)?

Sprint has many discounts offered. Most of us qualify for one that is at least 10%.

More dancing room for me.

Upvote 0
I agree Covert, I'd rather get the phone for an inexpensive price and then I can pick an choose which earphones, case, etc. that I want. I'll be glad when they finally get the charging cables standardized so then they won't have to include a charging cord with each phone. That'll save everybody $5(?) every time they buy a new phone.

I'm patiently/impatiently waiting for the release of the EVO!

Upvote 0
do you guys want the phone for $199 or NOT!!!!! seriously... be grateful for the price and that we DON'T have to pay for extra stuff like a pouch and wipe that MOST people will throw away even though we paid for them to have it, i would rather pay a minimalist price and get just the basics than pay 50 more for crap i won't ever use

The Pre was $199 and it came with a pouch and headphones. Just saying...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones