1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

contents of the Walmart Galaxy S2 box?Support

1. lahiker

lahiker New Member

Hello,

Just got my new Galaxy S2. It took a WEEK!!

I do not see either an Owners Manual or the headphone plus mike. Is it missing in just mine or does nobody else's have them either?

They did send me Terms&Conditions as well as the Health&Safety&Warranty guide.

I have not activated the data plan, I put in my old SIM Card from TMo and using it as a phone and with the wireless.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi lahiker and welcome to the forums. :ciao:

I didn't get a headphone and mic with mine, although it isn't from Walmart. As far as I know they are exactly the same no matter where they are bought. You can find a user manual here or search Google for a SGH-T989 manual.

Congrats on your new phone! :)
    lahiker likes this.
  3. lahiker

lahiker New Member

Thanks!! Enjoying it so far.
  4. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and getting my SII in a few hrs. Is the sim card included?
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums puchasr :ciao:

Depending on where you are buying it, I would think they would set up the sim according to whatever plan you choose.
  6. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

Thanks for the welcome, I got it from Walmart Online TMobile, I will update post when I get the phone. (Can't wait... :))
  7. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

There was a SIM card on the box, no headphones. Couldn't activate phone right away. Registration page said sim card no. And phone no. Not recognized. Tried again 4hrs later And it worked, got a couple of errors so far after activating the phone. The first one was about the sim card not being recognized if I remember correctly; the second one was: reg09 missing 911 address. The first error disappear after removing the sim Card and battery. the reg09 error was about setting an address on the my account web page, so now I can use the wi-fi Calling feature. Phone has android 4.0.4
    OZON3 and Atma like this.
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Is everything working ok now?
  9. Dr. Destructo

Dr. Destructo Member

I received mine yesterday... important contents were the phone, sim card, battery and charger. No SD card though. Virgin Mobile won't release my number to T-Mobile until my billing cycle with them ends on Monday, bummer.

And it was preloaded with 4.0.4.
    Atma likes this.
  10. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

Yeah phone working good, since using the wi-fi calling feature in TMobile still uses the plan minutes, is there a way of making free calls trough wi-fi, any apps you guys recommend?
  11. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

I paid $5 for the GrooveIP App, it lets you "route" your Google Voice Number to your phone trough WiFi (free and paid App) and trough your data plan 3g/4g (only on the paid App), this way you wont use your Plan Minutes. I have not tested it with a long call to make sure it does what is supposed to do yet, I will update soon.
  12. OZON3

OZON3 New Member

How's that GrooveIP App working out for you and your minutes? I'm looking to switch from Virgin Mobile this weekend and pick up the Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile from Walmart with the no contract $30/mo plan (100min/unlimited data). I'll need an easy solution to use Google Voice.
  13. sigsour

sigsour Member

Try vonage. Works great.
  14. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

It works good, as long as is set up properly, which is not that difficult. Some times when a call is coming trough GrooveIP stops working and I didn't realize it until later when I see the minutes balance. Remember that under this plan even calls trough WiFi go against your minutes, so If you know you will use more than the 100 min. included per month I will recommend you buying this app, it works. You could use the Lite free version first over WiFi and make a few calls to check sound quality and then make a decision to buy it if you like it.
  15. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

That is great when the other person also has the Vonage app.

"Vonage Mobile is a free mobile VoIP app that lets you make free high quality international calls and send free texts and photos to anyone else who has the app.*"

With GrooveIP you can call anyone, no need for them to have the app. "Currently calls within the US & Canada are free."
  16. dupek

dupek Well-Known Member

I have $35/month with Go Smart. Unlimited talk/text and 2G. Internet slow, but is working. I am thinking to try the $5/mont with 5G of 4G.
  17. dupek

dupek Well-Known Member

ooopppsss - should be$45. Sorry.