• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Context Menu Popup Not Visible for Certain Images

Klipshuk

Lurker
Jun 14, 2014
I am facing a strange issue using the WebView Control. I am building a small browser application using Webview and building a custom Context Menu Popup.

In fact, I am trying to build a Share Option for images on a web page, similar to the one available on Firefox browser .

I am using LongClick Listener to display the popup when an image is long clicked.
To detect an image, I am using HitTestResult object to find the type of element clicked.

I have two issues here..
1.) HitTestResult returns UNKNOWN_TYPE for some images.(Tested on Facebook Time Line photos). I had to click "View Full Size" to make it recognize.
2.) For some images, System does not pick the LongClick Listener at all. It did pick the touch listener on those images and returned me UNKNOWN_TYPE .

2 point is valid on the Chrome Browser as well. Chrome Browser does not show the context menu at all when long clicked. Here is the page to test

mdotndtvdotcom/photos/lifestyle/the-pantheon-in-paris-gets-a-face-lift-by-street-artist-17829#&ui-state=dialog

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones