Continious force close issue with HelixLauncherSupport

Last Updated:

1. recreated

recreated Member This Topic's Starter

I own a samsung moment which was rooted about a month+ ago. I started receiving an error message randomly today from HelixLauncher:

The application HelixLauncher (process com.helixproject.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

it prompts me to force close then i receive the same error message yet again. I cannot access anything on my phone as this error message renders anything on the phone almost completely inaccessible.

i don't understand why i've randomly gotten stuck with this error message. I'm guessing my only option is a hard reset/safemode reboot and eventually re-root; this application seems to fuel a large part of the current 'root' i'm running. has anyone else encountered/heard of this problem?

Advertisement
  2. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

You have to factory reset, happened to me twice on a Moto Droid. After having to factory reset twice from an app, i submitted a bad review and switched to Launcher Pro. It's much better.

3. gudz

gudz New Member

i have the same problem with my google android.. is there any steps to get rid of this error?

i tried resetting it, but still i receives the same message again and again.. please help.. i need my android badly.. thanks..

4. gudz

gudz New Member

i have the same problem with my google android.. is there any steps to get rid of this error?

i tried resetting it, but still i receives the same message again and again.. please help.. i need my android badly.. thanks..

5. 240phil

240phil Well-Known Member

from what I know, helix launcher had some major problems like that. particularly on the moment.

I am curious though, what ROM are you running that requires Helix? Helix is pretty outdated to begin with, so that makes me think you have a very outdated ROM.

As for other's with the problem, you need to be able to boot into recovery, (otherwise knows as safemod) and you will either need to flash a fresh APK for Helix, or at the very least, dig through and delete the APK out of the phone itself. That will force the phone to use the stock launcher app and should correct the problem, or at the very least, correct it long enough for you to boot the phone and "unintall" helix and get something else on there.
    If you aren't rooted, then it is a bit tougher, you somehow have to get an app open. Either the market, or an uninstaller. if you can get an app open, then the launcher program isn't being used any more, and you should be able to do something about it.
    either unintall helix. OR, if you can get the market open, download a different launcher, like Launcher Pro, and when it installs, you should be able to switch to that launcher, then go in and uninstall helix, and set launcher pro as your default.

The end result, no matter how you do it, is to get helix off of your phone.

6. yungrandy

yungrandy New Member

I HAVE A MOMENT FLASHED WITH CRICKET SERVICE. AND I AM HAVING SAME PROBLEM, BUT NOT WITH HELIX. ACTUALLY A COUPLE OF THIGS ARE FORCE CLOSING ALL AT ONCE AND I DONT KNOW IF CHANGING ANY OF THEM WILL EFFECT MY SERVICE WITH CRICKET CAUSE ITS FLASHED. need HELP..THANKS