Continually receiving same sms notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. db9golf

db9golf Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. Just received my droid yesterday and have come across the first error I can figure out. I am an iphone convert, and transferred all of my iphone texts (several thousand) over to the droid via smsbackuprestore. I thought this would be a good idea, but it seems to have screwed something up. I received a text tonight, and I keep getting a notification that says I have three unread texts and it reads the one text that I received. Ive opened the message but continue to receive a new notification even after the notification has disappeared. The second problem is that once I click on a name within the messaging app to review a text, it takes much longer to open, I guess because it has to load all previous texts. Anyway to shorten the number of texts it opens with option to load older ones like on the iphone. Sorry for being long winded and thank you for any help.

Advertisement
  2. db9golf

db9golf Member This Topic's Starter

Ok an update to the problem. It seems that the phone was sending me a few notifications about old texts from the iphone that i maybe had not received or viewed from a long time ago. After searching back through the phone, the notifications have now gone away and have stopped repeating. However, the noticeable lag is still there. Is this a function of having so many texts on the phone? When i open a new message using sms popup, the speed is perfectly fine. When I open a text via the messaging app itself though, there is a noticeable couple second delay.