1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Continually running appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. StefJ

StefJ New Member

I use Advanced Task Killer and even after I kill all running apps (Facebook, Google App Store, voicemail, video player, just to name a few) they all seem to come right back on, with a few new ones showing as running. My battery life is abysmal. I haven't used these apps - they just appear.

Any ideas?

P.S. I've done all the things to enhance battery life - screen brightness, hepatic feedback, no Bluetooth, GPS off, etc.

Advertisement
  2. fredworxz

fredworxz Active Member

Try going to ...settings.....apps......all (or running)then scroll down to that app you want to stop eg google play the tap to enter the tap force close
    You will get a message saying that if you close it ....it may misbehave just tap ok
    Don't close any app that the phone needs ...like keyboard etc
  3. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Ideas? Sure...get rid of Advanced Task Killer. It actually hurts your battery life. Let Android handle its own memory. It will do a better job.
    SUroot likes this.
  4. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member

down and run carat from play store also turn each apps connections off if they have any from within the apps..
  5. Fosa

Fosa Active Member

Remove the task killer and dont do anything. Its only a pain when you kill apps. I let the system handle the apps and everything is fine.
    SUroot likes this.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Again, remove the task killer and forget about running apps.