• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Continuous email notifications

abbykitty

Feb 12, 2011
MA
I use the stock email with my pop email address and I have it set to get emails every 15 mins. If I don't check my email the notification continues every 15 mins until I do. I wanted to know if there is a way for the notification to only alert with a new email, not the same unopened email? I hope that makes sense!

I use the stock email with my pop email address and I have it set to get emails every 15 mins. If I don't check my email the notification continues every 15 mins until I do. I wanted to know if there is a way for the notification to only alert with a new email, not the same unopened email? I hope that makes sense!

I believe you need to check the alert once box

Upvote 0
I ended up just turning off vibrate for mail notification, I couldn't find any settings that were causing the multiple alerts. I guess this is just a "feature" of the HTC stock mail app.

I turn down my volume when I sleep, so i won't hear the audio, however the vibration had a tendency to wake me up when it was going off every 5 minutes when the mail app checked for new mail.

Upvote 0
Update: I just called HTC, this is the how their app is supposed to behave. Basically what I did was use their advice and set on/off peak checking. I set peak to be 8:00am-11pm, it checks every 5 min during this time. Off peak it will check every 2 hours, meaning less alerts in the middle of the night. You could just say manual for checking off peak, then you wouldn't get any notifications while off peak times.

I asked about an update, and was told they weren't aware of one and that on/off peak was their way of giving the user control over it.

Reactions: abbykitty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones