Continuous Force Close - Help!

1. tmacrae

tmacrae Member

Gtab was fine yesterday. Powered it on today and am getting continuous force close ("android.process.acore has stopped"). Can't even read email messages.

Running VEGAn 5.1.1 and ClemPatchTNTVEGANZPAD2.zip from 2011-03-12.

Any idea what needs to be done?

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Usually clearing the data from your contacts.apk fixes these errors. If you can get into settings that is.
    tmacrae likes this.
  3. tmacrae

tmacrae Member

That did it! I was able to get into settings/Applications and actually cleared data, cache in all 3 contact applications, and no more Force Close.

Thanks!
  4. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

Had to do this w/ my dad's gTablet on two different occassions. It may happen again down the road so be prepared to do the fix again just in case!
    tmacrae likes this.
  5. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Well-Known Member

I had this happen on mine for no reason! I restored my backup and all was well....now I know what to do,thank you!
  6. hisss427

hisss427 New Member

cant get to settings to clear cache. now what?
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Always good to make a weekly backup! I stupidly neglected the gTablet and then it went crazy too, FCing all over the place. Had to wipe data/factory reset to get it to behave again. Never again will I forget to back it up.
  8. xmr405o

hisss427 likes this.
  9. hisss427

hisss427 New Member

The post you sent me to really helped a novice and got me back up and going! Thank you so very much!!!
    xmr405o likes this.
  10. xmr405o

Glad it worked. Enjoy your stay! And ill see you around.:)