Contract ends soon. i dont know....

Last Updated:

1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so i have a sprint HTC hero. iv had it since like day one and i bought it off of a guy on the streets. so my 2 year plan was not extended or anything. in june my sprint contract ends and im able to leave or upgrade. should i..

A. stick with sprint and keep my hero

b. stick with sprint and use my upgrade and get a new sprint phone.

c. get rid of sprint, go to AT&T and get an iphone.

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Have you been happy with the Hero?
    Have you been happy with Sprint?
    How's the cell coverage where you normaly are with Sprint?
    How's the cell coverage where you normaly are with AT&T?
    How much more $ a month do you want to spend?

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

It's up to you, but I doubt you'll get many votes for #3. The only reason for you to do that is if you get poor reception with Sprint and you know ATT is good where you are, otherwise you'll be paying more money for the same services.

My vote would be keep the Hero, and when a phone comes out that you want, go renew your contract and get it.

4. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Stick with Sprint...upgrade to the next two years and wait for the next best thing to come out (MOST DEF THIS YEAR)....the "phone upgrade" will stay with you even though you choose not to use it at the time of the 2 year contract.

Then when what you want comes down the pipes...you get it for the 179.00 or so :)

Thats what I did with my Hero...I had a blackberry from day one and after two years ...still didn't want anything but a touch screen (EXCEPT the instinct - not a fan), so I waited and signed a new contract and when the Hero came out I POUNCED...lol.

5. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Being a former AT&T customer I wouldn't recommend going to them, unless you get an iPhone. If you go with them and you don't have one, prepare for the worst customer service ever! AT&T is completely geared to the iPhone, if you don't have one you're a second class customer. I'd say stick with Sprint and wait for the new 4G HTC Google phone.

6. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

Unless your upgrading to a different phone don't sign a contract. Save that for when/if you want to upgrade. the contract gives you no benefit other than getting a deal on a new phone.

7. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Save the contract and phone upgrade, wait a few months, Sprint beats out AT&T IMO (My brother is an AT&T rep in Chicago, and has both the iPhone and a Sprint phone, and even admits that his Sprint phone gets cell service in some places in Chicago that his iPhone Doesn't!, and he has never been in a situation where he only get service on his AT&T phone and not on his Sprint phones... that says a lot about Sprint).

Also, some BIG things should be coming out in the next half-year regarding 4G, so STICK WITH SPRINT!

8. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

I would def stay with Sprint. Let contract expire but pay month-by-month until the newer Sprint phones come out. Then use the upgrade eligibility to upgrade ur Hero. Thats what I would do.

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

who here is gonna tell you to get an iphone? lmao.. i might pm and tell you that though lmao

10. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

I was able to re-sign my contact, get a $70 credit and keep my upgrade eligibility. Just email ecare and ask if they will do it for you.

11. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

or upgrade and get the most expensive phone that is able to resell at the highest price. keep cash and continue using the hero until a phone you really want comes out and buy it on craigslist or elsewhere

12. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

There's better phones coming out ...wait for them..