• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contract refreshing...

bthoward

Nov 7, 2009
So the other day I was trying to send a text to someone... I noticed that they were not in my contacts? I thought that to be strange. So I went into contacts... I noticed I only had 25 contacts. Then while I was watching the number started counting up... I thought that odd... Then it didn't make it up as high as it should have gotten...

I then went into accounts and sync and turned off contact syncing and turned it back on. My contacts then got really low again and then counted back up to the expected 258 contacts.

Then a little bit later I went back in again and the contacts number was lower than it should be I then was able to watch it count back up to 258... Seems like every so often it deletes the whole wad and then redownloads it...

This is all being done via exchange using the corporate account setting. I only have this one account allowed to sync contacts and I don't allow the facebook app to do any synchronization.

This sure seems like a waste of bandwidth (and battery life)

~BTH

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones