• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Control a helicopter with android

if there's an open api for the chopper wifi interface, it should definitely be possible to write a program to control it, altho' you might want to use a wifi bridge to boost the signal if you're flying further away as i kinda doubt a phone's wifi tx' power

I come across this free neat application that can control your wii remote via bluetooth called "wii controller" :D

i saw that too - the name is a bit misleading; it should be "wii controller controller" ;)

would be awesome if an android device could be made to act as an actual controller for a wii/ps3/xbox360

Upvote 0
I've got a HTC desire with Android 2.3 and I bought a Lightspeed i-helicopter for $60 and its awesome!

Check out the app "Copter Controller". Seem to be compatible with many android phones.

I got mine from i-helicopters.net

They have a YouTube video on the site of a guy controlling the heli with his phone while eating breakfast LOL!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones