• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Control Android "Home Screen" from PC?

brianosaur

Aug 31, 2011
Anyway to remotely view my S3 home screen from my PC and move around or delete my apps like iTunes does?

Not looking for software that just lists my apps and allows me to delete them - like AirDroid.

I was hoping to get up on my lazy and actually manipulate the phones displayed app icons, folders and widgets FROM my pc, to tidy it up.

I have AirDroid but it only lists the apps and various data like a buffed file manager.

Tnx :)

Yeah, isn't that app just kinda like AirDroid?
...with the same file browser and program control stuff.

I would like to be able to see a replica of all the pages and widgets I have set up on my home screen, be able to sweep right and left to other pages with more apps & widgets on them, be able to move the icons around and/or delete them or even put them into a new folder.

Looking for software that will mirror image my phone as it is running android and be able to either remotely control app placement or configure the way I want and then sync the phone afterwards.

iTunes does the latter:

edit-iphone-home-screen-itunes.jpg

Is there PC software that does this for Android?

Upvote 0
Yeah, isn't just kinda like AirDroid? I'll check it out but...
The screen shots on the Play Store show the same file browser stuff.

I would like to be able to see a replica of all the pages and widgets I have set up on my home screen, be able to sweep right and left to other pages with more apps & widgets on them, be able to move the icons around and/or delete them or even put them into a new folder.

Looking for software that will mirror image my phone as it is running android and being able to either remotely control app placement or configure the way I want and then sync the phone afterwards.

iTunes does the latter.

Is there PC software that does this for Android?

No, not yet. Most users don't want this. HTC has one for their phones, though. This is certainly not a mainstream feature of all phones.

HTC's 'Get Started' helps you set up your new Sense device from a computer | Android Central

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones