1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Control key for connectbot on G1?

Last Updated:

1. avifreedman

avifreedman New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm trying to use connectbot on the G1 - it works great but...

Can't find any way to generate a control key (ctrl-c etc). alt-sym doesn't work.

Any ideas?

In general the G1 is not as slick as the iphone but MUCH for useful for what I do.

Re: connectbot, the 3G latency and overall font presentation is better than the Sidekick LX/2008 but I do sometimes need to generate ctrl-key sequences.

Thanks

Avi

Advertisement
  2. Papa Raven

Papa Raven New Member

I looked on the project web page and did not see that info either (wanted to ctrl-C to stop a test-ping...). Quick answer though: Toggle Ctrl on with a press of the ball...

Turns out the ConnectBot Help gives you that information! From the main picker screen press the menu button and click/tap the About [screen] button.

I did notice this when I first installed the thing, but didn't understand how to get back there. Interesting that the help is also the disclaimer, etc. All the info text rolled into one area, but no doubt the help is not main feature of this app.

3. blackisle

blackisle New Member

4. jthetzel

jthetzel New Member

For future users searching for an answer to this question, I just started up a Droid 2. To type 'control' in Connectbot, the default behavior on my phone was the 'OK' button under the return key. Also, at least at the moment, the 'ALT LOCK' key does not work, so one will have to hold the 'ALT' key while typing numbers or other blue symbols.

Clifford

5. looking335

looking335 Member

I was able to do a CTRL+C by, first, closing the keyboard. Tap the screen and you should see CTRL, ESC in the bottom left and a keyboard icon on your right. I pressed the CTRL icon, tapped the screen again, pressed the keyboard icon and hit the letter C.

Agree with original poster, great app.