Control music app with tapping or shaking?Support

Last Updated:

1. natty

natty Member This Topic's Starter

I would love a music app that could be controlled with the phone still in my pocket. Sometimes I'm working in the yard with gloves on, dirty, sweaty, and the last thing I want to do is take my glove off, pull the phone out of my pocket and get it dirty while trying to skip. I know there are headphones w/controls but that would still be tough with gloves. Tapping would be awesome.
    Something like:
    One tap for pause
    Two for play
    Three for next song
    etc

Maybe even use hard or soft taps. Or tap-wait-tap to avoid controlling it by accidental bumps.

Anything out there like this? Is it even possible to write an app that does this?

Advertisement
  2. rileyra

rileyra Well-Known Member

3. natty

Just found an app called Shake2play. Haven't tried it out yet. I'll post back after using it at work today.

4. natty

Used it a little today and it's pretty friggin' cool. It should really be called 'shake2skip' though, as that's really what it does.

It integrates with a lot of different players.

It takes a particular motion---kind of like one thump of a chew can without the actual thump. Tapping on the phone doesn't work, it has to be a shake. The function doesn't work when the screen is off, which is good because it avoids false activation while walking or being active, but it does work from the lock screen with the native music app. So you just reach in your pocket and press the top button (you can actually do this from outside your pocket if you want to) and then give it a gentle shake (also from inside or outside the pocket) and the app will skip to the next song.

It take a little experimenting to get a feel for the type of shake it needs to work and you can adjust the sensitivity. Over all it's what I was looking for and because of that I'll probably donate to the publisher.