Controlling Mail Inbox...General

Last Updated:

1. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have gmail and my regular pop email set up on my Incredible. Well, almost set up. They seem to "grab" new mail automatically, instead of just when I want them to. I cannot seem to find settings for either app that allows me to control when and if new email is downloaded to the phone.

Suggestions?
    Thanks!:)

Advertisement
  2. tbone-ike

tbone-ike Active Member

For you POP mail, go into your mailbox then MENU>MORE>SETTINGS>SEND & RECIEVE>SET DOWNLOAD FREQUENCY

For the gmail, go into the gmail inbox then MENU>ACCOUNTS>MENU>ACCOUNT SETTINGS> and turn off Auto-Sync. You can also get here by being at the phones home screen then by going to MENU>SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS & SYNC.

Bear in mind that turning off google sync will also de-activate auto syncing of calendar and contact items, however when synced manually, they will do what they need to.

I too, am one who doesn't prefer the phone grabbing mail automatically all day long and just check it occasionally as I desire.

3. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks...will give that a try!

4. tbone-ike

tbone-ike Active Member

Oh, and btw, I just realized that it appears to me to automatically update/sync your email when you open up the inbox. :cool: