Conundrum [Facebook contacts problem]Support

Last Updated:

1. Demonhotrod

Demonhotrod Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I think it's a fairly common problem in that, if you've synced your facebook contacts to your "phonebook", if they then change there profile picture, sometimes it doesn't update on the phone and you're left with an "anonymous" image?

Well that has happened with a large number in my phonebook so I went into People > Online Directories > Facebook > Pressed Menu key and then chose Refresh. So I wait for the contacts to refresh, all the contacts on the page update so I went back to "All" but the contacts still haven't updated...sigh

So next I go to remove the Facebook account, in "All" I pressed Menu > View > Unticked Facebook and then went into Accounts and sync and removed the account totally. Re-added it, go back into People > All > Menu > View and suddenly the Facebook option is gone from the list, everything else is still there (SIM, Google, Show auto Gmail contacts, Phone) but no Facebook. I went back to Online Directories > Facebook > Refresh and all my contacts load there but still no option in View

Anyone have any ideas?
    Im sorry if it's not very clear, I was typing as "re-enacting" the crime (so to speak) haha. Im contemplating doing a Factory Reset but I want to avoid that if possible because I have so many sms/mms messages that I don't really want to lose (and none of the backup apps seem to save them all)
    I will give anyone that can help me, a cookie*

* of the e- variety :D

Advertisement