1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation Recording

Last Updated:

1. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a decent app available for recording telephone conversations? I'm a medical writer, and part of my job is to interview physicians and record the conversations. When I'm away from my desk, I usually accomplish this by conducting the interview on speakerphone and utilizing a traditional voice recorder. It'd be MUCH better to be able to record the call and then transfer an MP3 of the recording to my laptop.

Thanks.

PS - I'm aware of the legal issues, and I always notify my participants that they are being recorded in writing and at the onset of the call, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. robhakari

robhakari Member

i could use an app like that too, anyone?

3. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I believe that Google Voice has options to record a conversation.. but I might be mistaken..

4. timp123

timp123 Active Member

I've been looking for a decent app like this for months. The issue is phone-dependent. Motorola Droid has call recording of any sort disabled in hardware; hence my decision to upgrade to the Incredible. vRecord is the only app I've found so far that works, but I believe it records only through the microphone. Although you can hear both sides of the conversation (barely), your own voice is much much louder than the other party's. Speakerphone helps, but also reduces quality.

I also use google voice routinely, but its call recording option only works for incoming calls, and sometimes doesn't work at all (I'll keep pushing 4 during the call, with no results). CallRec was an awesome app for Palm devices, and it worked flawlessly with great quality. Many times I miss my old Palm, but the Android advantages outweigh this one issue.

5. LS1

Bump

6. LS1

Is there an app that can accomplish this using root?

7. hellcatt

hellcatt Well-Known Member

google voice

8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I've used the voice recorder app built into the Eris. You just have to start the app BEFORE you start the call.

9. veritasgt

veritasgt Member

Bump