• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Convert a Crackberry user?

Hi, I joined up yesterday but decided to post here because the little guy on the Say Hi link threatened me. My name is Tim and I am a long time smartphone/PDAphone user and never plan to give that up.

I am currently a Blackberry Pearl user on the Sprint network, and I was looking around the Sprint site and found the HTC Hero. I have heard a lot about Andriod phones, never used one, but it sounds like a very good OS. I have used HTC devices in the past with mixed results so there are a few things I am going to have to figure out and confirm before I make the switch because it will involve me giving up my Sprint Employee plan in favour of one of their new "Unlimited Data" plans, even though the plan I have includes Unlimited Data, but that's an argument for me and the Sprint rep.

Anyway, I have a ton of questions that will hopefully be answered by more looking around the Hero forum and if not, they will be asked. Hopefully the answers will lead me to an awesome new Android phone.

Hi, I joined up yesterday but decided to post here because the little guy on the Say Hi link threatened me. My name is Tim and I am a long time smartphone/PDAphone user and never plan to give that up.

I am currently a Blackberry Pearl user on the Sprint network, and I was looking around the Sprint site and found the HTC Hero. I have heard a lot about Andriod phones, never used one, but it sounds like a very good OS. I have used HTC devices in the past with mixed results so there are a few things I am going to have to figure out and confirm before I make the switch because it will involve me giving up my Sprint Employee plan in favour of one of their new "Unlimited Data" plans, even though the plan I have includes Unlimited Data, but that's an argument for me and the Sprint rep.

Anyway, I have a ton of questions that will hopefully be answered by more looking around the Hero forum and if not, they will be asked. Hopefully the answers will lead me to an awesome new Android phone.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones