1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Convert Ipod Input to USB

Last Updated:

1. MatUSCG

MatUSCG Member

Allright Android geniuses here is a tough one. My car radio as a cable that goes into my glove box with an ipod adapter, does anyone know of an a adapter that will covert that to a usb to use with the droid?

Advertisement
  2. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever found a solution for this? I too am trying to connect my Android phone (Evo) to my car stereo.

I can find adapters to connect an iPod to it, and I am hoping there is a way to convert the iPod input to USB...
  3. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

since apple makes all their parts and because of their business practices, I doubt they would have something that would make an apple product compatible with anything else.
  4. BlackDynamite

Well to be technically correct, I'm not trying to make an Apple product compatible with anything else. i'm trying to use something else instead of an Apple product.

I'm not trying to use an Apple product at all. I am instead, trying to connect my Evo to a stereo's iPod input jack.

I know, I know, it's basically the same thing....
  5. Horsbox

Horsbox New Member

BlackDynamite likes this.
  6. BlackDynamite

7. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible Well-Known Member

The TV out cables now exist. You should be able to use one of them and get around headphone cord for the stereo sound.
  8. BlackDynamite

I was using my phone to browse and post when I made my last post (about it being exactly what I was looking for).

Unfortunately, it is not what I am looking for. That appears to convert it to a 3.5mm jack, but I need to connect a USB device to a stereo's iPod input...
  9. karysony

karysony New Member

it is very good ! I will try !
  10. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member

There's another thread that talks about an adapter that converts the iPod to a bluetooth connection... Search for the Sprint Anycom FIPO on eBay or Amazon.com.