Convert mp3 to notification tone?

Last Updated:

1. yammer68

yammer68 New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to convert MP3 into a message notification sound? This is for a Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. azan

azan Member

I created a folder called media: sdcard/media/audio/notifications

I've placed mp3 files I want available for notifications in this file and it has worked well for me on a Captivate.

I also have the same path for call ringtones but its sdcard/media/audio/ringtones.

3. radtechy

radtechy Well-Known Member

i have an incredible also....what makes it associate that folder name on the sd card with the notification list of tones?

4. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

If you just create a folder called "notifications" on the root of your SD card, when you pick a notification sound whatever mp3 you put in there will be in with all the default sounds. You can also make a "ringtones" and "alarms" folder to the same effect.

5. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

I just use RingDroid to cut the bit out of the mp3 I want to use. When you save it one of the options is as a ring/notification tone - it basically just does what is being suggested above.

6. Don Diddles

Don Diddles Active Member

RingDroid is good

7. PartyGurle

PartyGurle Member

Newbie to the Droid here...where do I add this folder? And I tried adding a notifications folder on the sd card, but I'm not sure I'm putting it the right place.

**Edit: Figured out what I was doing wrong...definitely was putting it in the wrong place!**