• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Convert this WinMo user!

DeadShawn

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
Hi! Long time WinMo user here, ready for a change!

I currently have an HTC Diamond and I'm ready to get a new device. I'm on TELUS in Canada which will soon be offering the Motorola Milestone. I'm really considering switching, but I have a few questions:

I regularly use skype on my phone (I have an unlimited data plan) is there a working skype or application that can connect to skype for android?

When I plug my phone into my computer via usb the phone gains access to the PC's internet connection. Somebody told me android doesn't do this, are they wrong? Is there a way to overcome this?

How is outlook synchronization? I have all my appointments in my calander and my notes in outlook notes.

Is there any sort of online/over the air backup service like Microsoft MyPhone?

I'm sure there are tethering apps, do they come with android 2.0 or must I download them?

I read that the moto milestone has a locked bootloader that won't allow custom roms to be installed at first. Anybody know if *they're* eventually going to crack this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones