• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Convert Treo Ringtones?

six41

Dec 12, 2008
I have a few ringtones that were recorded on my Treo that I would love to pull onto the G1. I found the PDB files . . . Anybody know how I can convert them to on a PC? I tried changing file extensions and opening with Audacity, but with no luck.

Thanks!

yeah yeah i had tried searching and found suggestions/programs/recommendations . . . none of which have worked. i should have been more clear that i have exhausted my resources and am now making a plea to the community. certainly someone has moved over from the palm side and found the magic bullet.

i recognize that a file extension is specific to the format, but when no known resources will open a media file type you try every option.

anybody have any suggestions for me?

Upvote 0
Apparently the file you uploaded doesn't work. I've tested the following steps with a working .pdb file and it works just fine:

Here's what you need: (freeware; find it via Google)
- Clie Picture Converter
- Mobile Media Converter

1) Go to following folder on your PC:
C:\Program Files\palmOne\{name of your palm}\Backup

You'll find files like 5-3-08-15-082_Vpad.pdb

these are the VoicePad files; the name refers to the date.

2) copy the files you need to a new folder which I'll call C:/Test

3) Open Clie Picture Converter, and drag the files from C:/Test to it.
New files with .JPG extension will appear in your folder.

4) Rename these JPG files to .AMR files.

5) use Mobile Media Converter to convert the .AMR files to .MP3 files

Let me know if this works out for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones