• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Converted iPhone User New To Android

Hello!

My name is Karl and I am an new Android phone user. Just before Christmas, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE through Rogers in Canada.

I previously owned an iPhone 3G and thought I was a loyal iPhone user. It got to the point where apple would not let me update the iOS as the phone could not handle any more updates. Then all my apps would not work as they were being changed for newer versions of iOS:(. I waited and waited for their announcement of the new iPhone.

When I read about the iPhone 4S, I didn't know what all the hype was about:thinking:? I don't think it was compatible with 4G either.

I started thinking that I never really liked how Apple controlled everything. I could only download APPs they approved in their Appstore, I couldn't go to or get the full functionality of allot of websites as most of the world uses Flash and Apple has something against Adobe and will not allow it with their products. With the 4S disappointment I started looking at Android phones. Wow, there looked like there was so much more I could do with them! I was also not limited to one brand of phone.

Once I was convinced that Android was the way to go, I started looking at Phones.

I narrowed it down to two phones...The Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE or the Motorola Razr. They both looked pretty much the same, but the Samsung had 4G LTE so I opted to get that one. LTE is not in my area yet, but It will be eventually.

I do love my new phone!:D It has way more options then my iPhone and I still have not paid for an APP(and no, its not Rooted, I might try that when the warranty is up).

I have only had one issue, but that was with the stock Samsung Email App. I posted that information in another thread.

Thanks for reading.

Congrats on the new phone and welcome to Android Forums. Nice intro. :)
You will enjoy checking into the area that we have for your S2. It is where all the other owners of our phone hang out and help each other get the most out of their phones. Just click on your exact S2 from this list and have fun. And thanks for joining these forums. I hope they serve you well.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-t/ (For AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums (For T-Mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums (For Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums (For International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones