• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Converted mp3's (from YouTube) no longer play

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my home machine (desktop), I've used a website called www-DOT-vidtomp3-DOT-com to convert YouTube videos to mp3's. Plug in the video URL, the audio is ripped and then provided via a download. They play fine on my home machine, and until last week played without a problem on my S4 Mini. Now when I try to play them on the phone using the default music player, I get an error message that reads "Sorry, this device does not support this type of sound file" or similar.

What's weird is that a few of my converted files do still play (mostly entire albums uploaded as a single video, although for some reason a few isolated tracks made it through).

I can't be certain that I haven't tried to play some of these converted files since the update to 4.4.2 was pushed a few weeks ago, and if I remember correctly, I was able to play some newly converted files on Friday. But is it possible the update now has something in it that is blocking these files from being played? All of my mp3's that were ripped directly from my CD's play fine.

I also can't tell if it's related to whether the newly created mp3's already are tagged with artist, album title, track #, etc (some I don't have to manually alter via Windows Media, others I do).

If it's not the update, can anyone think of what might be going on? Another concern was that maybe in the last batch from Friday, something was installed on my phone or something, although neither a virus scan nor a Malwarebytes scan reveal anything.

Section 5B of the YouTube Terms of Service:

Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones