Converting SIM contacts to Phone contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. louiscbrn

louiscbrn New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    Got the G2 yesterday, and the SIM contacts copied over quickly and easily. However, as they're saved as 'SIM' Contacts, when I go to compose a message and I type in someone's name in top box, it won't come up... it only works with Phone contacts.

Is there anyway to CONVERT the SIM contacts on my Hero to Phone contacts so that I don't have to do it all manually?

Thanks.

(by the way, HTC Hero = best phone I've ever used... once you sort out the teething problems :) )

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

In your contacts (People App), press menu and you'll see an Import option. That will copy all of your SIM contacts to your phone. Unfortunately (at least in my case), it copied them in an odd LastName;FirstName format, and searching for them from the Message Composer doesn't search within strings, which means you have to search using the first letters of the last name.

3. sam9s

sam9s Well-Known Member

^^ What if I want to copy limited number of "selected" contacts, how can I do that, as import will import all the contacts, which I do not want ...

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Unless you have crazy amounts of contacts it would probably be quicker to import them all and then delete the extras, rather than to hunt down a 3rd party app.

You can tell it to import them all, then tell it to hide all SIM contacts and only show Phone contacts. Then you can delete all the phone ones you don't want.