Support Converting video for MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by symetri, Dec 25, 2012.

1. symetri

symetri New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I have the new HTC DNA and I filmed some video of the snow we are having to send as a text message to a friend... is there a to convert it to the right size to send as a txt or do I have to refilm it?

Thanks
    Paul

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Did you film it with the phone itself? When you attach it to a MMS message, I would have thought that it should auto convert?

3. symetri

symetri New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I would think so to but it;s not... I ended out filming it in 1080p on the phone and it wont allow me to send it in txt msg it says limited space... I couldnt find an option to convert it. Id rather not have to film the same thing twice.....

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Sorry to hear your having issues... I'm sure one of our members with a DNA will be able to offer some advice though. :)

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    U have to go into the camera/video settings and lower it to mms settings. The quality will look like garbage but it should still send. If you want a higher resolution try cloudsend from the play store. It works in conjunction with drop box. U can film in a higher quality and send it out as a link. The receiving end will get the link and be able to download and view it. I don't know why Android doesn't compress and re-compress like Apple.

6. twalsh3

twalsh3 Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Telecom Engineer
    Broomfield, CO
    Ya unfortunately you have to film it at a lower resolution. Mainly this has to do with the phone settings and then also the carrier's MMSC not allowing messages over a certain size. They are working on that though :).