Convincing

Last Updated:

1. desicrator

desicrator Member This Topic's Starter

Ok,

So here is the deal, My girlfriend has the HTC EVO, (I have the Droid X, mine is rooted ROM'ed and deodexed themed and with LP+, all that fun stuff). She does not have any changes to her stock phone, it is laggy and stuff.

And for some reason this really bothers me.
    I ask her to let me change it up, she says she likes it the way it is but there is sooo much more that can be done with it lol. She wont even use LP+.

And then my family has LG Allys, which they always are complaining are slow (duh). I wanna flash them a ROM I found for the Ally that should help but they think I will kill their phones.

Any one have any ideas how to convince someone that their phone can be better?:confused::confused:

And once again I have no idea why this is bothering me so much, but they do ask me whenever they have a problem on their phones.

Advertisement
  2. someotherguy

someotherguy Well-Known Member

If they are happy with it, I wouldn't change it. There may be so much more that they can do, but all they are going to do is complain if something is different or if something doesn't work even if what you did has nothing to with their problem.

I've tried the same with my Dad's AT&T captivate. I decided, w/e, he likes it how it is~ /boggle

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

So, maybe it bugs them that your's is the way it is. Let them change it back...

Now you get the idea.

4. Dabitz

Dabitz Well-Known Member

They might also worry whether or not you will you replace the phone if it gets damaged and the warranty is voided?

5. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

if i can give advice it would be, no matter how much it bothers you, and you think they come to you with problems now...change it and let them really freak out cause they cant find something they used to use and they will never leave you alone...maybe work with your girl's, but stay away from the family ones...they nag you the most over stupid stuff

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

you must be young and inexperienced. I've been married 31 years. Plainly put? Don't mess with it. ;)

7. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like they have asked you to leave the phones alone. Why did you post this in a Droid-X forum?

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Words of Wisdom. ^^^^^^^^

It isnt' the phone that she sees you wanting to "correct," it's her.

She's happy. Why mess with happy?

9. polecats03

polecats03 Active Member

If it ain't broke... don't fix it. No point trying to reinvent the wheel.

10. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

The only thing you could really do is let your girlfriend use your phone for a day (hide all those ex-pictures), and see if she liked it better. Other than that don't force your choice on her because then if something fails, breaks, lags, FC's, freezes, ANYTHING, it will be all your fault for changing it on her. You don't want that, trust me.

Right now if any of those things occur at least it has nothing to do with you. Which is a good thing!

11. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Agree with the above. I tried helping my dad with his PC. BIG MISTAKE...HUGE!

12. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

This thread does seem more suited for the Android Lounge than a specific device forum, so I've moved to that area.

13. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

hahaha.. so many good advice for you ....

with your family.... dont do anything... it aint worth the trouble! If they ask you..then ok.. but if you push them to and there are problems...your head is on the chopping blocks!

Your gf..
    sometimes.. they just want you to hear about the problem.. not really fix anything... (dont even try to figure this out)

14. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

Truer words have never been typed on this forum.