• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cool android application list for ally noobs

I just tried Launcher Pro(free version), and my Ally feels like faster more expensive phone with it. Quite impressive. Mine is still pretty much stock Ally with some apps I installed.
I also installed home switcher app to set default home to Launcher Pro. But then I noticed that "theme" app pre-loaded in Ally does the same thing. So maybe home switcher is not needed.

Upvote 0
I'm using Dolphin HD and Opera mini. Dolphin feels a bit heavy and slow. Opera mini is very snappy and smooth, but some pages are rendered looking weird. I guess it's due to their server compressing it and reloading with simplified pages.
Opera mobile 10.1 beta just came out that doesn't rely on server compression. I will try it once it comes out with regular version.

Upvote 0
I just tried Launcher Pro(free version), and my Ally feels like faster more expensive phone with it. Quite impressive. Mine is still pretty much stock Ally with some apps I installed.
I also installed home switcher app to set default home to Launcher Pro. But then I noticed that "theme" app pre-loaded in Ally does the same thing. So maybe home switcher is not needed.

You can use the "Theme" app. And I agree, LauncherPro has been THE single best app I've installed on my phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the theme app works fine to change default launcher.
I also deleted the calender, clock widgets on default android launcher screens and put them on the launder pro screens. This seems to save a little memory. So I am very happy with launder pro making Ally feel much faster. I wonder how it manages to do this.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how big the internal storage space is in Ally? I mean the internal on board storage other than 4Gb removable micro SD. I have only a dozen of apps installed in addition to pre-loaded apps, and I only have 26Mb free space left there.
This is another reason why Ally needs 2.2 froyo.
use ti backup to delete any system apps you dont want. mine floats round with 60mb free and runs fine... try to delete the stock launcher and only run launcher pro and adw or zeam as a backup in case if there is an update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones