Cool Desktop Management Tools for Your Hero

Last Updated:

1. elguapo76

elguapo76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Droidexplorer(Windows Only)- Requires Root Access and compatible ROM (works with MoDaco), USB connection - Allows you to view, transfer, copy, delete and manage various files on your phone with windows user interface. Allows you to capture video and stills of your phone. Has various plugins. (please be careful using this tool as you can delete and move important files as it has root access)

Desktop SMS (windows only - requires root, java runtime - USB connection) - Allows you to send SMS with your pc.

Moto Phone Portal for Heoro - Works over wifi network with a web browser. Allows you to view and manage files, contacts, various settings. Allows you to view and send sms through your computer.

Advertisement
  2. redram38

redram38 Well-Known Member

Downloaded and installed droidexplorer. It will open and find my phone, but it will not show files. Is there a diff version I need to get. I have Win 7 64bit, and downloaded the 64 bit file

3. redram38

Nor did desktop sms. I added it to the phone and desktop. Is this for Sprints Hero ?

4. redram38

I just saw it needs a diff ROM to work. Is this true for both apps. I have not done the new ROM as of yet. I rooted and removed files the other way.

5. elguapo76

elguapo76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have only loaded the first and third app myself. Work just fine on Windows 7. My understanding is the first one needs a custom ROM. Don't know about the second one (sms).

6. kayawire

kayawire Well-Known Member

Just would like to say "Big Thanks" for that awesome newbie guide for rooting the Hero ...Good job!!!:D