cool movie: Inception

Last Updated:

1. verizyou

verizyou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Who else thinks the movie inception is going to be amazing!? It has an all star cast and the trailer is epic. And considering the director Christopher Nolan has a perfect track record, I can't help but be excited! Check it out for yourself
    "You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66TuSJo4dZM

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Does look amazing and mind bending, its on my movie list..

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Pretty excited about this movie, and I'm not even a Leo fan...In fact, I don't like him much at all (just a few movies have been good IMO)...But this looks pretty epic...

4. verizyou

I know. And the music/sounds form the trailer is pretty intense.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

This is the second most movie I am/was looking forward to this year!

:D :D :D

6. verizyou

What was/is the first one?

7. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

A cross between Batman (cast/look) and the Matrix (story and effects). Looks to be a good movie. I'll probably see it in a theater (as opposed to the crap they usually put out that I download or rent for $1). But I don't think DiCaprio was the best choice, other then to draw people in with his looks. IMHO he does not have very much depth to his acting.

8. Kelmar

Shutter Island, Harry Potter (I blame my wife for getting me addicted to this one) and Inception were on rotating list.

I agree(d) up until Shutter Island.

9. verizyou

I honesty have no idea what this movie is about from the trailer, and yet I think that's what makes me want to see it so bad. And the really cool music probably has a little something to do with it to. I agree that Leo is an okay choice but I love Ellen Page (Juno), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (500 days of summer), Cillian Murphy (The Dark Knight), Michael Cane (The Dark Knight), and Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose).

10. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Nolan directed this which means I'll be seeing this on opening night.

11. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Did you like the ending to Shutter Island??? I was hyped for that movie, but I guessed the ending very quickly, felt it was kinda a cop out ending... ruined the movie for me. :( Inception looks like it could be the same results...Lol, but still looking forward to it.

12. VegasOnAcid

Huh! Inception is directed by Chris Nolan, (Dark Knight, Memento.)

Shutter Island was Scorcese tho.

13. verizyou

Yeah. This is Nolan's work. Although I love Scorsese's work too. Scorsese's The Departed was pretty epic. Leo was in that movie also.

14. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

My mistake.. they were talking about Shutter Island and I got my directors twisted up and thought Shutter Island instead of Inception

15. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

movie looks bad ass and where i used to have an extreme dislike of leo he has been growing on me with some of the movies he has put out lately. the departed was an amazing movie, shutter island did have kind of a cheap ending to it but it was still a good movie, inception looks bad ass, cant wait for it. :)

16. Kelmar

I liked the ending. I manage a theatre and can tell you that a LOT of people didn't get it though.

That is my fear for Inception as well. I HOPE it doesn't end the same way. :(

17. VegasOnAcid

Didnt get it? or didnt like it? There is not much to the ending, unless I am missing something... lol

18. Kelmar

Didn't get it.

SPOILER:
    They didn't get that he actually DID remember it (that he was imagining who he was) and chose not to want to live that way.

19. verizyou

Early reviews are starting to come in and so far they're saying the movie is amazing. Looks like we're not going to be disappointed! Here's a few:
    "a stunning achievement and the most completely entertaining film I've seen in years."

"Inception is an exhilarating cinematic experience that suggests there is still room, even in the blockbuster world, for big ideas and dangerous emotions, and that may be the single most thrilling thing about it."

"I expected a lot,but still walked out hypnotized. Here's a movie that's 3 steps ahead of you, on 4 different levels, at 5 blinding speeds. Best of 2010 thus far. "
    More reviews: Inception Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

20. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

Just got back from the midnight show, what a fu*king badass movie! Nolan is my favorite director with Memento being my favorite movie. This is right up there with his best. Truly original stories like this dont come around too often at all. For sure the best movie in quite some time. A+

21. VegasOnAcid

Incredible movie, go catch it if you have not seen.

22. ddoolin

ddoolin Well-Known Member

Very incredible. Too bad I had to be with my dad and uncle afterwards, who promptly discussed how much they DIDN'T like it because they "don't go to the movies to have to think about the entire plot" but rather "go to be entertained."

I loved every minute of it. The effects are pretty bombass and the plot is AMAZING and very original. :)

23. cbeckstrand

cbeckstrand New Member

Nolan did not only direct it, he also wrote and produced it. The movie was incredible and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good "thinking" movie.

24. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Nothing like the feeling you get when you walk out of the theater after a truly great movie... which Inception absolutely is. I knew I would enjoy it, but the depth kept me enthralled for the whole two and a half hours, which rarely happens these days as I usually fall asleep in the theater. I am so happy when a movie like this comes around, because it reminds me how good they can be, and how rare great ones really are....

25. sanjayPilani

sanjayPilani New Member

The incredible movie maker Christopher is once again showing his geniuses.