• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cool movie: Inception

Nothing like the feeling you get when you walk out of the theater after a truly great movie... which Inception absolutely is. I knew I would enjoy it, but the depth kept me enthralled for the whole two and a half hours, which rarely happens these days as I usually fall asleep in the theater. I am so happy when a movie like this comes around, because it reminds me how good they can be, and how rare great ones really are....

This.

Watched it last night. AMAZINGLY AWESOME movie!!!

Upvote 0
I remember walking out of the theatre after watching the Matrix for the first time saying to myself WTF did I just see (in a good way)... Inception was like that but IMO 10x more "WTF did I just see (in a good way)"

Agreed. I definitely got a Matrix (the original) vibe from it, but Inception was a bit more scintillating and thought provoking.

Upvote 0
Maybe it was over-hyped, I'd heard such good things about it in reviews where they'd talked at length about not wanting to spoil the twist at the end... then I saw it last night, and it was a really good movie, but a little predictable, and left me disappointed. I think he should done more to end the story; I hope it wasn't a cynical decision to assure an easy sequel.

Upvote 0
i think i figured out the ending.

spoiler
I think it had to be a dream at the end, if for no other reason that his kids didnt age, were in the exact same place and were wearing the same clothes. The wobbling totem at the end was meant to represent the dream becoming his reality.

Just my $.02

Truthfully, we'll never know. I read a superb article on Gizmodo w/ the writers take on the movie. I strongly suggest reading it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i think i figured out the ending.

spoiler
I think it had to be a dream at the end, if for no other reason that his kids didnt age, were in the exact same place and were wearing the same clothes. The wobbling totem at the end was meant to represent the dream becoming his reality.

Just my $.02

Never thought of what you said at the end. That supports my first link that I just posted. ^^^^

Upvote 0
This movie was amazing. After I saw it, I was walking around thinking about it and I almost got hit by a car. lol. You can't go to the bathroom or fall asleep for a second because you'll have no idea what's going on if you miss any of it. I was truly blown away by this movie. Rating: 11/10 (yep. it was that good!)

Upvote 0
Here is something I noticed about the ending:
Everytime they woke up from a dream, they had their machine still connected (or at least partially connected, being removed). The last time, on the plane, however, when he awoke, everyone else was just waking up (except fisher jr. who was already awake and there was no machine or anything in sight. Just an observation I made.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones