1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Cool things for my new Nexus S 4G?General

1. TomMaxwell

TomMaxwell New Member

I just got the Nexus S 4G and am loving it so far! I just switched from the iPhone 4 on AT&T so I'm new to Android. Is there anything cool I should know about that I can do with my phone? Cool customization options? Good apps? Tips and tricks? Anything?

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Here is a whole thread from the EVO forum about that... enjoy and have fun!
    http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/105074-must-have-android-apps.html

Disregard any app or task killer apps on the lists.. you dont want those! Let Android manage open apps

You got a sweet phone!

If you dont mind me asking, is wireless tether working for you without paying for the hotspot and without root?
  3. NewmanTNinja

NewmanTNinja Member

Had my NS4G for about two weeks now, unrooted. Wireless tether seems to work much better than USB tether, but still is nothing to write home about. Averages about 50 K/s...
    BenChase7 likes this.
  4. IceyKold

IceyKold Member

I currently have wireless tethering. It came with my phone so I was worried it would affect my phone bill later. It is free until the next update, according to the rep...

Also, my phone is unrooted and works with it.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  5. TomMaxwell

TomMaxwell New Member

Yup, tethering is working fine!
    BenChase7 likes this.
  6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

THANKS! Do you expect Sprint to disable this in the future?
  7. Skrillex

Skrillex Well-Known Member

Tether and hotspot are 100% free on this phone and will remain so. I don't believe Sprint even has the rights contractually to alter the pure android OS for the ns4g in order to monitor or regulate your usage. However, this phone has a major signal/radio defect which you may or may not notice for several weeks. Hoping a software update can fix it and fast... mine is pissing me off.
    BenChase7 likes this.