• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cool things you can do that you might not know about.

MassacrMan

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2010
To name a couple, say you're in a work meeting and your annoying pop music ringtone goes off. You need to shut up your phone FAST, so what do you do? Well you can pick it up and decline the phone call that is incoming. But what if you fumble it and drop the phone, the ringtone continues.

Not to fret fellow Inspire owners, you can simply flip your phone over face down on the desk and the ringtone instantly stops playing.

Another thing is if you are on the phone and want to go to speaker, simply pull the phone away from your ear and turn it over so the back of the phone is facing you and boom!

The speaker phone turns itself on.

Now it's yall's turn to name more things, GO!

Does carrying the phone in your pocket have an effect on the turning the phone over feature?

I do not believe so. I believe the feature uses a combination of the accelerometer and the compass in order to determine which direction the phone is facing and the matter of which it got there. So you would actually have to perform the function of flipping it to its front and having it abruptly stop (as if setting it on a table) for it to function in such a manner as to silence the ringer. It's a gesture thing.

Upvote 0
Does carrying the phone in your pocket have an effect on the turning the phone over feature?

No. The speakerphone feature works only when you are on a call. I too had the Tilt2 and this was one of my favorite features of that phone and was happy when one of the first things I did was try this with the Inspire and it worked.

As far as turning the phone over to stop the ringing, I did not know that.

Upvote 0
If you go to your clock app that came with the phone and go to the desk clock area, you can turn your phone into a desk clock in portrait or landscape by pressing the two buttons just above the selectors for timer, alarm clock etc... (One looks like a crescent moon and a single star).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones