Coolest Feature,Tip,Trick or App you have found For the Note 2Tips

1. Yes even I've observed that my Internet connectivity is far far better than it was on my Galaxy SL. As for Keyboard, they've stopped with swype which I feel is better than their new keyboard which too supports swype like continuous input. But yes having the digits at the top is something quite good.
    Nelviticus likes this.
  2. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out about the built-in keyboard. I've come from using Swype on my S2 and although I love the predictive text on the Samsung keyboard - it predicts based on previous words, and often guesses your next word too - I'd been missing the slidy-ness of Swype.

If anyone's wondering how to enable sliding, it's under Settings/Language and input/Samsung keyboard (tap the cog icon).
    Wagonsroll likes this.
  3. Derp Droid

Derp Droid Member

slide the edge of your hand across the screen right to left and it will take a screen shot of anything
  4. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Yeah I do like that.
  5. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

Just curious, a friend has the Galaxy S3 updated to Jellybean but the keyboard doesn't have the figures at the top. Is there a way to enable this or is it a Note 2 specific feature?
  6. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Which version of the GNote2 are you doing this on? Either I'm not doing it right or it isn't on the TMoUS version.
  7. peter7769

Mine is uk model.
  8. SilverGS

SilverGS Active Member

Here's an interesting feature on my LTE phone (Rogers Canada). It's not a useful feature, its actually quite annoying.

Turn on blocking mode so that you can mute your phone (mutes everything) during certain hours of the day. I had mine configured to mute everything between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.

Now, when the blocking mode is not active, the display comes on by itself every minute or so. And the phone is unlocked as well when the display comes on.

It can be cool if you want to see your wallpaper every minute, otherwise its quite annoying.

Anyone else experience this very strange "feature"?
  9. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Settings > Motion > is yours on or off?
    If you tap motion there are other motion options in there.
  10. SilverGS

SilverGS Active Member

Mine is on. But why would it cause that weird behaviour?
  11. mosthated30

mosthated30 Member

thanks all the good info fellow members.
  12. RL in Florida

RL in Florida Member

I have a US T-Mobile branded Note 2, and Swype is the default keyboard. Its significantly improved from the Swype on my old Galaxy Epic. Its super smooth, predictive text is nearly perfect, and the dictionary is really easy to add or delete from.

Maybe its installed at preference of the service provider, on top of the original Jellybean?
  13. DinoV

DinoV Active Member

In S Note, to put in a subject in the subject box, click the pen(drawing mode) than press and hold on the subject box. the box will get highlighted(you can move it or make it bigger if needed) than click the box again and a cursor will appear in the box.
    Kaleidosoph likes this.
  14. ScandaLeX

The weird behavior is called gestures. Samsung wants you to be one with your phone. If you go into the motion setting you can turn it off completely or click on "motion" and turn on/off the exact gestures you'd like to use/not use.
  15. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Over on XDA Devs, Miss Dummbunny has posted how to add a slogan/name /message to your lockscreen

Settings
    Lockscreen
    Owner info

See attached photos

Attached Files:

16. Ballymoss

Cool feature? I was in a pub last night standing at the bar and we go onto a complicated question so we decided to Google it. Rob had a small 2 year old phone and Neil had a Galaxy S2 (sorry S2 fans); while they were struggling to get a connection and Rob was squinting to see the screen, I pulled out my Note 2 and it was like the Alien Mothership from Independence Day! Jaws dropped all round :)
    puregolda, Bonez, jradz and 1 other person like this.
  17. peter7769

Already have it ;-)
  18. Ballymoss

19. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

Turn on Quick Glance so when you phone is lying on a flat surface and asleep wave your hand near the top you will get a brief flash of any call texts and emails the time will display.

Hold down the menu button to quickly access Google now

Draw a sideways V with the button held on the S-Pen will go back so you don't have to hit the haptic back key.

When drawing with the s pen in handwriting-text mode, draw a vertical line to insert a space between words.
    sahilthakur, Joewoowoo and twospirits like this.
  20. ScandaLeX

I so wish the space was automatic.
  21. Derp Droid

Derp Droid Member

There is some method for the space to be automatically added, I just have not figured out what I am doing yet. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. LOL.
  22. ScandaLeX

Oh wow Derp if you find it PLEASE post it. Everything I've read says draw a line but more times than not my line isn't recognized as a line.
  23. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

wouldn't that vertical line look like an l or an I?
  24. ScandaLeX

Jun the line is - not |
  25. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

my bad, I thought someone said vertical.