Coolest feature you've found?General

Last Updated: 2015-04-04 13:25:20
  1. RagingSamster

RagingSamster Well-Known Member

When you use Voice Recorder, (It's OK to be amazed at the sound quality) the app creates "VoiceXXXX.3ga" files, be of good cheer, all you need do is rename them to VoiceXXX.MP3 and you are ready to send them anywhere. works great for choir practice.

Advertisement
    Dieselbud likes this.
  2. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Well-Known Member

I just woke up and I am confused. Are you saying your just recording your choir practice then playing it on your phone later?
  3. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Active Member

Chrome has incognito tabs as well. Same concept.
  4. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Active Member

No, they are changing the extension so they can email to people without S3's and the unlucky ones with other phones/tablets can hear the recording.

Neat trick Raging! Thanks.
  5. alexander323bc

Alright that makes much more sense, and is a cool feature!
  6. miyooper

miyooper Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread....Thanks for all the great info!!
  7. scooter1942

scooter1942 Well-Known Member

one of the reviews for that app says it does push ads now. confirm or deny?

LOL this is ridiculous! it looks like my screen unlocks before i even swipe the dang thing :D settled on .5x though, off just feels unnatural

on the droid razr stock unlock screen you can get to the camera without having to unlock the whole phone; if its isolated like this, security issues arent THAT terrible... i never use passwords or anything anyway, im glued to my phone. especially with this fancy new 600 dollar beauty
    Devz likes this.
  8. cmusciano

cmusciano Active Member

Saw this one in another thread:

Another tips is sending your location via sms. When sms is open--> press menu and select add text. another menu appears with different options--> select location--> google maps appears where you can select your location and send via sms​

From member Dhurfan.
    marcus33 and bennybbc like this.
  9. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

They never mentioned the name of the app, but if they were talking about Key Ring, I haven't seen any push ads. Maybe the review was referring to the offers that will show up in the app for the stores you have cards for? Those aren't push ads.
  10. scooter1942

it was in the title of his post. not everyone uses this, so its easy to miss...
    the last default review on the play store listing describes what i can only imagine to be push ads... well, if i try it out and get some, i can just uninstall. thanks for the reply
  11. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Ok. I don't see post titles when using the Tapatalk app. I've got Key Ring on my phone, wife's phone, and my tablet and have never gotten spam in my notification. I'm betting it was a different app causing that for the reviewer.
    scooter1942 likes this.
  12. Spydaz

Spydaz Active Member

Dude the phone transitions screens so much faster now. Holy smokes. Thanks guys!
  13. alexander323bc

I missed something about this app, I thought it was just an app to store cards? how does it unlock the screen faster?
  14. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

he's talking about the phone transitions not the app. by setting it lower it unlocks the phone quicker.
  15. alexander323bc

Well now now I feel even more lost. Thanks for the answer but how do you change this? I scrolled through the posts but I am obviously missing this.
  16. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

Settings-->developer options-->

change windows animation scale and transition scale. from my understanding the lower the faster. In the case of that post, he said it was too fast for him with it off.
  17. Ches111

Ches111 Well-Known Member

Go to settings->Developer options->Window animation scale-> set to .5
    Go to settings->Developer options->Transition animation scale-> set to .5

This will speed up the windows transition and animations. You can play with those setting sby moving them waaaaayy out lik 5x and see what it does. This will remove that cloud of confusion :)

Good Luck!
  18. Ches111

Ches111 Well-Known Member

Ninja'd :)
  19. alexander323bc

Thanks guys been playing with it. I think i like the default setting thanks!
  20. firechicken

firechicken Active Member

A plea to all those posting.

Please, when you post a feature you like please please tell us how to enable it (or disable) , if its not on by default.

Thanks
  21. firechicken

firechicken Active Member

Not sure how to activate camera shutter by voice..Is this a S voice thing?
  22. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Settings > Language and input > Voice cmd for apps

Not S voice, no.
    firechicken likes this.
  23. scooter1942

pretty sure i didnt see this reading through the thread, but im not sure how everyone missed it... unless its not an exclusive feature? i can drag the notification shade down while in the lock screen, pretty cool :D
  24. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I hate that "feature". That to me makes the entire lockscreen pointless. Great, I can turn off WiFi or Mobile data in my pocket without knowing. I actually accidentally put it into airplane mode in my pocket too. Had to start to use Pattern unlock.
  25. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I find lock screens to be pointless in general ;) Thankfully, ICS gives me the ability to turn it off.