• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

For those asking about connecting via the xbox.

Xbox is on and connected to your home wifi, can be doing whatever on it really. Go to your gallery and when you look at a pic the share to tv icon should show, press it and bang, what is on your phone will appear on tv.

Make sure your phone and xbox are both connected to the wifi and you should have no probs.

No idea if its the same on the PS3 sorry.

One thing to check is that you have not disabled the sharing in settings if its not working.

ill pop on tomorrow in the hope of seeing you guys got it working. :D

Reactions: ljbad4life
Upvote 0

Xbox is on and connected to your home wifi, can be doing whatever on it really. Go to your gallery and when you look at a pic the share to tv icon should show, press it and bang, what is on your phone will appear on tv.

Make sure your phone and xbox are both connected to the wifi and you should have no probs.

One thing to check is that you have not disabled the sharing in settings if its not working.

When you say "you have not disbled the sharing in settings" are you referring to S Beam?

Upvote 0

Make sure whatever WiFi device that is connected to the TV as the same port settings as the S3. If they are both connected to the same router then they should be the same. This is a very impressive feature which I have always found to be faultless.

Upvote 0
Make sure whatever WiFi device that is connected to the TV as the same port settings as the S3. If they are both connected to the same router then they should be the same. This is a very impressive feature which I have always found to be faultless.

I have it all working, I am able to stream videos and pictures to my TV through the xbox now.

BUT!!!!

When playing a video, it pauses every 3-5 seconds and 'processing' shows up o my phone. Then it plays another 3-5 seconds and 'processes' again, and again, and again. Sometimes the video 'speeds up' like it is trying to catch up.

There is a reason I really want this feature to work: I have 2 girls who dance, and I video tape each class as they are learning their routines. They use the videos for practice each week (we have 6 dances for my oldest to learn in 2 months) and it is SO MUCH EASIER doing this than to convert the videos and put them on the ipad to prop it up somewhere in the room (this is what we did last year). A 50" tv right in front of them is just so much nicer, but it is useless if the video will not play from start to finish.

It never does... I have tried to change the 'fine-ness' of the video and the resolution but it does not make a difference. I am currently trying to play a 35 second video and it takes about 4 minutes to get through it.

Upvote 0
1. While connected to my trucks radio via AUXX cable, the ringtone and text notifications play through the phone and not the speakers. Which is nice so I don't have to constantly change the audio volume. Other phones play it through the car speakers and you get blasted by the volume.

2. Smart Stay. So awesome. I hated constantly having to turn back on my screen to keep reading something.

3. Assistive Light widget for a flashlight.

4. Face down to silence.

5. Power Saving Mode

6. System control toggle widget in the pull down notifications.

7. Display brightness in the pull down notifications

This phone is just amazing. The only thing I wish were different was a higher capacity battery. Which I got via ebay (3000mah slim battery that fits the original back plate...no nfc though)

There are more features I like but can't think of them.

Upvote 0
I could very well be wrong about this but I read somewhere that it isn't a good idea to leave the "Flashlight" on for too long. Supposedly (Maybe) it can overheat or damage the flash LED with it staying lit too long. Considering it's primary function is to just flash momentarily it seems plausible. On the other hand, if they put a flashlight widget on the phone maybe it's ok. I have used the dual LED flash on my Droid X as a flashlight quite a few times but I try to limit the time it's on to maybe 10 or 15 seconds or so. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Benny

If you use the light while recording video it stays on until you shut down the app. So I don't see it being a problem keeping it on for any amount of time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones