Coolest ROM...looks and speed

Last Updated:

1. Shakes The AssClown

Shakes The AssClown Active Member This Topic's Starter

What right now would you consider the coolest, original looking ROM that still has good speed. I look at a lot of the ROMs and they all begin to look the same to me. I like MIUI rom but that's not for the Eris and yes I know it mimics the iphone. Any other ROMs that are speedy yet really cool looking???

Advertisement
  2. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

My favorite for a long time is xtrROM. It's still the best one out there IMHO.

3. LadyBug_LaBate

LadyBug_LaBate Active Member

Personally I like KaosFroyo because it's so customizable. But unfortunately it doesn't have a flashplayer.

4. Dsoot

Dsoot New Member

I keep going back to xtrROM. It's the cleanest, best looking in my opinion

5. LadyBug_LaBate

What's the difference between xtrROM and xtrSense?

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

For the most part, xtrSENSE uses the Sense launcher, and xtrROM does not. Otherwise, it has the same HTC customizations - dialer, browser, mail client, messaging app, contacts app, etc.

7. Batbriel

Batbriel Well-Known Member

I'm kinda the same way, no matter how many new ROMs I try, and I always try them all :), always end up going back to xtrROM, its my favorite ROM so far :D

8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I was on xtrROM for a long time, tried some others but kept going back to xtrROM. But I flashed Nonsensikal for the first time about a week ago - and I'm still on it. Aside from xtrROM this is the longest I've been on a ROM. So I'm beginning to think I may have found a new 'home' ROM. I'm sure I'll keep trying others, but for right now it seems like this is the one I'll keep coming back to.

9. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

xtrROM with LauncherPro...so fast without even needing to OC and very customizable with the LauncherPro as your Home. It also doesn't eat up a ton of your internal memory so you have plenty of space for apps without the need to install to your SD card.

10. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Which ones do? If any? Considering I am technically "running" 2.2, is there a reason that I cant download flash?

11. LadyBug_LaBate

I don't know all the ROMs that run flash but right now I'm running xtrSense simply because it has flash. As far as I know, there is no way to put flash on your eris besides using a ROM that has it.

12. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There is no downloadable version of flash for any of the 2.2 ROMs at this time. Adobe has not released a version of Flash that runs on a vanilla Android version for the Eris's processor.

13. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I used xtrROM for a while and really liked it. I put Tazz Froyo 11 on last week and it is my keeper. Unlike most I like the ADW launcher better than Launcher Pro and I have not found any problems. It runs very smooth and fast. Excellent Froyo rom. No flash, but none of the Froyo roms have flash right now. I don't use it enough to miss it though.

14. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

This is nothing against Tazz, but I just wanted to make sure that you know this: ADW is freely available in the market, and you can run it on xtrROM if you wish.

15. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I do know this, thanks though. I also like it because it is a fast and stable Froyo rom. It works just as well for me as xtrROM. There isn't much of a difference to me and I can say I have Froyo to my friends with newer phones still waiting for the OTA. :)

16. Stagnation

Stagnation Well-Known Member

I like xtrROM the best because of the speed but IMO ZenEXP is the coolest looking ROM. It hasn't been updated in months though.