Copilot Live 8 on MilestoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. bengrendon

bengrendon Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all I got myself a Milestone the other day and i have transferred my license from an HD2 with no probs, but the actual app seems to be crashing all the time.:mad: I had to do the install via the micro SD card as recommended by ALK and it seems to run okay when working it just keeps on crashing all the time with no hint of error message or anything like that.
    I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience on theres and if so did they ever resolve it.
    Also isanyone using the free trail of MotNav and if so how does it compare?

Advertisement
  2. Cowie

Cowie Member

I transferred my copy over from my Hero and it constantly crashed. Then a few days ago there was an update via the Market Place that seems to have now fixed it (version 8.0.0.571).

Cowie

3. bengrendon

The wierd thing is i can not find the app on my installed apps list when i look for them in marketplace
    Any ideas?

4. bengrendon

Just checked and i am on the same version as you but still problems hmmm i wonder, I have let ALK know via twitter so will have to wait and see what they suggest?

5. Cowie

Cowie Member

Hi,

Can you transfer over to an Android device from a Windows Mobile device? Reading the terms of the license agreement it's not entirely clear (apart from not being able to transfer to the iPhone version).

Hope you get it sorted.

Cowie

6. bengrendon

It is all working as it should be apart from the crashing which is really annoying I am awaiting a reply from ALK at the moment and they have normally been quite good at replying via twitter so we will see soon.
    I was wondering what Moto Nav was like as i may use this until either Google release there Nav to the UK or Copilot sort their life out.

7. big_adventure

big_adventure Active Member

All you have to do is install the US Maps application on your Milestone, and you'll have working Google Nav for free. I have this up and running on my French Milestone, and lots of other users from everywhere around the world have done the same. I can confirm that it works PERFECTLY, except that it doesn't properly identify the name of the street (the one in the map are correct, but the one in the banner on top says "route inconnu" in France - translates to "I don't know what it is called" :) ). It still properly verbalizes the name of the street it is telling you to turn onto.

8. bengrendon

Just got back form a long journey and the app kept closing (not Crashing) to the home screen at random intervals. To be honest i am getting really pissed with this now. I have emailed copilot again and also included the gps track from my journey to see what they do with it.

Any idea from the forum of what could causing this at all. Using it in a standard universal mount with a normal power supply.

9. yuggyp

yuggyp New Member

This is happening to me too
    If I close most of my apps in Taskiller then its seems OK
    So am guessing there is a conflict just not sure how to resolve
    Any ideas anyone?

10. bengrendon

I have been in contact with Co-pilot abou this issue at great length and i have now also brought expansys into the loop about this matter as this could be hardware related (hope not). I have included a copy of the most up to date transcript of my interaction with Co-pilot.

Certain element are edited for my own security

CoPilot 8 Android - Other - App is crashing

Discussion Thread
    Customer (Garry Clark) 26/01/2010 06.50 AM
    having performed the hard reset and deactivated and uninstalled the app i have then reinstalled the app from the App market yet on a journey back from edinburgh i experianced the problem again. I am also wondering about the promised refund upon deactivating the lisences the first time around.

Also why am i getting prompted continually upon a restart of the program for me to enter my code from google checkout?

Customer (Garry Clark) 21/01/2010 06.46 AM
    I have deactivated the license and am currently performing the recommended hard reset

Customer (Garry Clark) 21/01/2010 06.42 AM
    > I will happily uninstall and deactivate he license on the device and also perform a hard reset as long as you can guarantee a refund on the original purchase so that i can get the app through the correct channels, ie the App Market. and hopefully this will resolve our issues.
    >

Response (Dave) 21/01/2010 05.32 AM
    Dear Garry,

We have completed our tests and have not been able to reproduce the problem your are experiencing on your Milestone device. We recommend that you hard reset your device to clear the device down as it either appears that you have third party software installed that is conflicting and causing a problem with CoPilot (a memory leak from a third party progarm) or that you have some corruption on your device.

We have tested CoPilot on two separate Milestones running for 96 hours straight without any problems whatsoever, both using your GPS track to play back your journey and other GPS track files. We also have lots of Milestone and Droid customers who are equally not experiencing the problem you are seeing on your particular Milestone.

If you would prefer not to hard reset your device, I can authorise a refund but can only do so once you have deactivated CoPilot first. You can do this in the SETTINGS | LICENSING screen. Once deactivated let me know and once verified I can arrange for a refund.

Regards,

CoPilot Technical Support
    CoPilot UK Support

Customer (Garry Clark) 20/01/2010 05.55 AM
    having now actually spent the time reviewing the Gps playback for y self it is clear to me that the software is not functioning properly. As a result i feel that it is within my consumers rights to be provided with a full refund of the original transaction which i have attached a copy of the invoice for. i do not wish this too be dragged out any longer so if you can just issue me the refund then i can go about getting the app on through the App store and then hopefully this will resolve the issue. If you can not authorise this too happen then please can you provide me with the details of someone who can. Below is the invoice of the original Purchase.

I expect some form of response by the end of the day UK Time

Garry

Dear Garry Clark,

Thank you for your order.

Order Number: E0055242
    Placed 12/17/2009 6:41:09 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BILLING ADDRESS
    ##############################################################################################################################################################

ORDER SUMMARY
    1 CoPilot Live 8, UK+Ireland Maps (Download) @

11. bengrendon

Just found out that there was an update available so hopefully this may fix my problems we shall see.

12. yuggyp

yuggyp New Member

Cheers Ben

I hope so but mine is the latest version!?

13. yuggyp

yuggyp New Member

Oops no aparently new version released today but not appearing on the market that I can see anyhoo...

14. Cowie

Cowie Member

I've just done the update and it's now asking me for my Google order number. I type in the number but it says that it's incorrect! I only have the one order number and it worked when I first installed. :mad:

15. yuggyp

yuggyp New Member

Bummer...

Mine is now working fine, no random closes anyhoo!?

Good luck with yours Cowie

16. Cowie

Cowie Member

Sorted....... eventually. Submitted a support request via email and have just got the response - they had apparently 'deactivated' my Google order number!?! They've re-activated it and it's now back to working. No explanation as to why it was deactivated in the first place.

17. MarioNico

MarioNico Well-Known Member

Do you have an User guide how you do this - what files do you need and from where to copy, what application ?

Best regards.

EDIT: just found the guide http://androidforums.com/202704-post10.html