1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Copilot Live USA - incoming call stops navigation

Last Updated:

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I confirmed my suspicions about Copilot Live - an incoming call causes navigation to stop. Upon completing the phone call, the app loads - not where it left off, but from scratch - and then calculates the route from your current position.

Is this behavior unique to my installation? Or the Motorola Droid?

Edit: I should add that NDrive also stops upon an incoming call, but does not automatically resume afterwards.

I'm starting to wonder if this is some remnant of development for some non-multitasking phone OS that I won't name.

Advertisement
  2. jalan94

jalan94 Well-Known Member

CPL did not work like that on Windows Mobile 6.5. I often took a call, put the call screen in the background and navigated at the same time. You lost the voice prompts, but the map still followed along the route. If their Android app works as you describe, that is disappointing. I am trying the Navigon app which was released this morning. I will see if that allows routing while on a call.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I should add that it is possible to put the current call screen in the background and restart Copilot to continue with voiceless navigation. Copilot doesn't just go into the background when the call comes in - it appears to partially exit. I say partially because it restarts on its own after the call is complete. The frustrating part of this is that there is a delay in resuming navigation because Copilot hasn't been running or otherwise monitoring your location, so it has to reload and recalculate the route from scratch.

I just received confirmation from ALK that is normal behavior for Copilot for Android.