1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Copilot Live USA

Last Updated:

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Though I tried and returned Copilot Live North America (for $20) a while back, I've been extremely frustrated with my TomTom lately and decided to take the plunge for $4.99 and am currently using the 14-day trial of ActiveTraffic. On the one trip I made with both, Copilot's ActiveTraffic was much closer to reality than TomTom's Live Traffic.

So far, a major down side I can foresee is that the app takes up so much memory that Android kills it most of the time when I switch to another app. This may be more problematic in my in-house testing than in actual use, since I don't typically switch apps while driving, but System Panel reports it taking up 35MB of non-shared RAM, whereas NDrive takes up 25MB, and Google Maps Navigation takes up 10MB.

I'm looking for any comments from people who've been using it for a while, on what the pros and cons are, and maybe some tips and tricks.

Also, if there is a good user forum where Copilot is actively discussed, I'd like to hear about that too. So far, any forums I've found where it's discussed don't really contain any in-depth discussions.

Advertisement
  2. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member

copilot is awesome because it can be used without a data connection.. this is why its takes up 15MB more than Google nav

best part of copilot for me is that you can create a custom route using way-points and then copilot will navigate you though your custom route.. no other gps will do that; they always navigate the shortest or quickest routes..

this is particularly good for me because i like to take twisty/scenic roads when i ride my motorcycle and i like to plan my trips ahead of time..

i used to stop every couple of turns and remember the directions.. thanks copilot!