Copy and Paste ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. nothappy

nothappy New Member

I have a relatively new Galaxy Tab 2 and it was fine until the android update. Then I stopped being able to copy and paste - it wouldn't work, the clipboard wouldn't open and every ap I tried it in crashed.

I bought the tablet for studying so this was a massive issue. After googling it seems to be a fairly common problem. The options seemed to be rooting - and I didnt understand the instructions enough to give that a try - or a 'hard reset'. I wasn't entirely sure what hard reset was but backed everything up and did a factory reset from the settings menu.

This worked for about half an hour, sob, and now while the copy function technically works, it shuts down the whole tablet. Everything goes off, internet is disconnected, task manager wiped and takes 30s or so to come back on and get working again. Oddly it will then paste what I want it to!

I really don't have time for this and am so fed up (last year of my degree, three young kids, work - you get the picture). I don't know if I can return it based on this issue. I just want the stupid going to work - that's not a lot to ask is it? Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

2. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I recently encountered this problem also, right after upgrading to 4.1.1 (!) It seems that copying and pasting (in my case, using Chrome) from the keyboard clipboard caused my tablet to reboot. It happened multiple times.
    The only work around I found was to delete some of the saved text in the clipboard. So far, it's worked but I haven't tried it extensively yet. Crossing my fingers.

And yep, Googling seems to turn this up as a long standing Samsung issue.

It appears to arise from Samsung
  3. 11290

11290 Active Member