• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copy and paste? WHAT??!!!

tarquin

Mar 7, 2013
I have had my tablet for 1 month and have just joined a photography group on Tumblr. When I try to copy and paste a pic from my hard drive or SD card there is no "copy" function available! This is ridiculous. I can "share" a pic in Tumblr etc, but cannot copy it. Anyone know a way around this? It seems like such a basic function that Android have ommited. I cannot even "copy" an image I have and place it in another folder.
Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
What are you using to try to copy. I suspect you are trying this using a gallery app rather than a file manager when copy and paste are essentially file manager capabilities. MyFiles works fine (which I don't use) as does Root Explorer. I can select a photo and am given the option to copy it and I can paste it in any other folder. The Samsung gallery app will share, or if you use the 3 dot menu offer to copy or move to another folder.

Upvote 0
What are you using to try to copy. I suspect you are trying this using a gallery app rather than a file manager when copy and paste are essentially file manager capabilities. MyFiles works fine (which I don't use) as does Root Explorer. I can select a photo and am given the option to copy it and I can paste it in any other folder. The Samsung gallery app will share, or if you use the 3 dot menu offer to copy or move to another folder.
Thanks for your reply.
However I have tried in File Manager and in Gallery app and the only options I have in the 3 dot menu are; More info, Studio, Rotate left, Rotate right, Crop, Rename, Slideshow, Set as, Print, Move to private, Settings. There is no option to copy an image to another folder. I am bewildered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones