General Copy and Paste

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smokey_Barr, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Smokey_Barr

Smokey_Barr Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    London
    I can copy and paste text when I'm typing a txt message or writing an email, but was wondering if there is any way to copy text from an email received?

I assumed pressing and holding the screen over the text would give me the option to select text, but no joy...

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    On the stock app in 1.6 you couldn't so I started using k-9 for email and that lets you. Not even bothered setting up email on 2.1 on the stock cos I found it clumsy. Might have improved so maybe someone else can confirm.

There was a cheat tho, you could forward and then save as draft and then open the draft and it would let you edit from there but frankly that was ridiculous!

3. Smokey_Barr

Nov 22, 2010
    London

I'm currently using MailDroid as the stock app didn't seem to sync with my hotmail. I've noticed, in screen shots, that a lot of people use K-9 so will give it a bash.

Cracias!

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The option to copy text is in Menu>More>Select text.

Might be something like it in Maildroid... I thought they were pretty similar when I had a brief play with it. You never know might save you having to reset everything up.

5. Smokey_Barr

Nov 22, 2010
    London

lol, to late. MailDroid has gone. It may have had a similar feature, but K-9's interface is definitely easier on the eye.

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Plus if you liked Dr Who as a kid... cool icon! But then maybe I am just showing my age ;)

7. Smokey_Barr

Nov 22, 2010
    London

lol, I did. But don't seem to remember the dog. The bloke from 'All Creatures Great and Small' was the Dr I remember. Probably late 80's early 90's...??

8. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    I am a bit older than that ;)

[​IMG]