• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
On the stock app in 1.6 you couldn't so I started using k-9 for email and that lets you. Not even bothered setting up email on 2.1 on the stock cos I found it clumsy. Might have improved so maybe someone else can confirm.

There was a cheat tho, you could forward and then save as draft and then open the draft and it would let you edit from there but frankly that was ridiculous!

Upvote 0
On the stock app in 1.6 you couldn't so I started using k-9 for email and that lets you. Not even bothered setting up email on 2.1 on the stock cos I found it clumsy. Might have improved so maybe someone else can confirm.

There was a cheat tho, you could forward and then save as draft and then open the draft and it would let you edit from there but frankly that was ridiculous!

I'm currently using MailDroid as the stock app didn't seem to sync with my hotmail. I've noticed, in screen shots, that a lot of people use K-9 so will give it a bash.

Cracias!

Upvote 0
The option to copy text is in Menu>More>Select text.

Might be something like it in Maildroid... I thought they were pretty similar when I had a brief play with it. You never know might save you having to reset everything up.

lol, to late. MailDroid has gone. It may have had a similar feature, but K-9's interface is definitely easier on the eye.

Upvote 0
I am a bit older than that ;)

K9WHO.JPG.jpeg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones