• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help copy (backing up) contact to my sdcard

diablo2

Jul 3, 2011
I had a motorola and motorola phone tools software on my desktop? Now i have a LG thrive p506, is there any software for my desktop i can use somewhat in the same way i used phones tools software for backing up contacts, moving picture, rigntones?
R
right now, id like to save a copy of my contacts onto my sd card, i dont know how to do that? I have import - export options but will that just move my contacts to my sd card. i want to keep my contacts the way they are on my phone right now 146 on my phone and 30 on my sim. I just want to copy an extra copy somewhere on my sd card

thanks.

What OS are you on?

If Mac can you plug the phone in and access the SD directly? If so you can browse through there and pull all of the necessary files like photos, etc. For things like contacts I would use address book and manually enter them and then use this link to sync them up with the Thrive.
How To: Sync Mac Address Book with Android Address Book | Relationship Management Matters

This way you have a back-up on your computer and then they are on the phone, and if you really need them, online as well.

Hope that helped!

Upvote 0
my desktop is windows.

i used uia backup contacts but that only copied 37 contacts to my sd card. i think those were from my phone contacts and not the sim contacts.

i tried syncing it with google gmail but the contacts got all screwed up ill never sync it again

is there something to copy all contacts from both my sim card and phone (phone-only (unsynced) to make a backup. there is 146 contacts on my sim card and 37 on my internal phone memory, where ever that is. how can i copy them both into one place

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones