1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Copy contacts to Sim: "Sim card memory is full"?

1. Punkrulz24

Punkrulz24 Active Member

Galaxy S4 user here. I'm not sure if this is necessary but I saw an option within contacts to copy my contacts to the sim card. I tried it once and it copied 230 contacts or so of 305. To resolve the issue I attempted to perform this again however I get the message "Sim card memory is full". I checked my storage and I still have plenty of space left on the sim.

1) Is copying contacts to memory recommended?

2) Are there any pros or cons to performing this action?

3) Has anyone else experienced this error before?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

I've never experienced this before. I cannot think of any good reason to copy your contacts to you sim card, even if you were always switching your sim card back and forth between phones assuming you were using google contacts.
  3. Punkrulz24

Punkrulz24 Active Member

Of course the one thing I didnt consider is the one thing that makes the most sense, being the main reason to copy is if you swap sim cards.

I don't know if I'm using Google contacts. I've used my phone explorer before and I discovered kies last night.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

SIM can only store about 200 or so contacts and 30SMS. And the contacts in it can only store one name and one number each, so I really don't see how useful it could be.

Since you have an S4, when you open the contacts app, can you see a 'g' icon beside each? Oh wait, you use Kies to sync contacts? That means you aren't using Google Contacts. Do you have any special need for having contacts on separate phones?
  5. Punkrulz24

Punkrulz24 Active Member

Nope I don't need contacts on multiple phones. I do have two Android phones and if I use GMail to sync contacts I would like to be able to separate the contacts from each phone, but that's it.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Create a second gmail account with the contacts for the second phone. Then you chose which phone sync's to which account, or both, if you want all your contacts.
  7. chanchan05

I'm more inclined to use a single account then put the two sets into different contact groups.
  8. Punkrulz24

Punkrulz24 Active Member

How easy is it to put them into different contact groups? I took a gander at gmail and didnt see any mobile options jump out at me.

I may not need to worry about this as I don't believe my work phone contacts are syncing with gmail, and instead are synced on exchange.
  9. chanchan05

On Gmail, go to contacts and set them into groups. If you are syncing to your phone they will automatically be reflected
  10. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use to have my contacts backed up to SIM card, until I found out it only saved the name and one phone number. I have all my contacts synced with my Gmail acct. and I made a back up .vcf file of all contacts info. to my SD card. (It saves everything for each contact, including picture profile.)